As the New Year approaches, Netflix is all too determined to flood its subscribers with tons of new content. The Godfather series, the Batman series and around a dozen of Netflix Original premiers are set for debut. But with the incoming barrage of new shows and movies, some titles are making way by getting dropped. What does that mean? You have very few days to catch the last glimpse of these movies.
Like every other month, a handful of titles will leave Netflix. Some of them deservedly so and some others leave shockingly. Leaving Netflix on January 1st are the two seasons of Huntik (2011). Shows like Poppy Cat (2011) and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic also make exit on the first day of the New Year. And Sonic Underground Moves out right on the second day.
Top 5 Movies to Watch Before They Leave Netflix
If you do not have the time to watch all of the existing titles (listed at the bottom), we suggest you go for the best five ones. Here are our picks:
The Parent Trap (1961)
The Parent Trap is an emotional movie where twins swap positions, desperately hoping for a reconciliation between their divorced parents.
For many old-school deer, Gremlins continues to be the best Christmas movie ever. That’s largely because of Darlene Love’s song Christmas: Baby Please Come Home. And we can’t we get enough of the green baby goblins.
It’s a tragedy if Pulp Fiction has to leave any list ever. The classic Tarantino movie is all about the portrait of human characters. Some of us might have watched it twice, thrive, or twenty times over. There’s always another watch left!
The phenomenon that Police Academy set ablaze in the ‘80s spawned for six full seasons. Narrated by a bunch of sorry recruits who dream of becoming officers, the series is a tale of life.
The Secret Garden (1993)
A young girl’s parents are killed in an Earthquake in India. As she moves to England to live with her uncle and cousin, the story becomes more magical by the minute. Do not miss if you are a lover of narration and storytelling.
Here is the entire of list of shows that are going away by the first week of January 2018.
Full List of Movies Leaving Netflix in January 2018
- Born to Explore – Season 3 (2013)
- Dino Squad – 1 Season (2008)
- Gunslinger Girl: 1 Season (2003)
- Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino – 1 Season (2008)
- Huntik – 2 Seasons (2011)
- The Irregular at Magic High School – 1 Season (2014)
- Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild – 1 Season (2015)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – Seasons 14-17 (2015)
- Lucid Dream – 1 Season (2015)
- Magi: The Kingdom of Magic – 1 Season (2013)
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic – 1 Season (2012)
- Mighty Machines – 3 Seasons (2008)
- Monster Allergy – 2 Seasons (2008)
- Ocean Mysteries with Jeff Corwin – 1 Season (2013)
- Poppy Cat – 1 Season (2011)
- R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour – 2 Seasons (2011)
- Rock the Park – 1 Season (2014)
- Ruby Gloom – 1 Season (2008)
- Run – 1 Season (2013)
- Sonic Underground – 1 Season (1998)
- Lost – 6 Seasons (2010)
- D-day – 1 Season (2015)
- Madame Antoine – 1 Season (2016)
- Fantasia 2000
- The Host
- Sirens Seasons 1-2
- Futurama Seasons 7-10